Sunday 22 June 2014

PATCH UP

PATCH UP
By Stephanie Witter.




A bit about the book:

Skye followed her long time boyfriend to Seattle for their first year of college, but he dumped her after only a week. The relationship brought only pain and destruction in Skye's life, and yet, she can't bring herself to open up and live her life.

"What if I am already broken into pieces?"

She hates to be touched, hiding under her oversized shirts and behind her wild frizzy hair. Even her bubbly roommate can't reach her. And yet ...

"I'm the guy who knows how you can hurt so much that your insides feel like they're cut and bleeding."

The tall, handsome, and tattooed TA in her psychology class changes everything when he literally collides with her and confronts her. For the first time in a long time, she wants to try and open up to this guy whose dark, intense eyes can't hide his own pain despite his dazzling smile getting to her.

However, just when she's starting to live again, her ex-boyfriend comes back, breaking her time and time again, making it all the more complicated.

She wants to fight for herself and for this building thing with the TA, even when he pushes her away, but can two broken people patch each other up?

"I never thought colliding with someone could change lives, but it is possible."

* Due to some shocking scenes, this novel is for readers of 18 and up.



My Review:



If I could give this book 10 stars I most definitely would!

Skye's story tore on all my heart-strings. It was like reading my story through someone else's eyes. I've been where Skye is in this book. Everything seem so familiar that I couldn't stop reading it, or put it down!

The story is intense and emotional! Although, Duke needs a smack upside the head at times, he's the first genuine character I have had the pleasure of reading about for a while. A man who is willowing in guilt and passion, feelings he's not used to, whilst also coaxing Skye out of her depression as well as sticking up for her against her psychopathic ex-boyfriend, Sean. 

I related to this book like no other book I've ever read. I'm not gonna burden people with my ex situation, but this books reminds of past experiences. 

I'm really really really looking forward to the next part of this book! Then Kate and Derricks story as well! 

I've never been so moved, and cried at the end like it was all a true story.

Much praise to Stephanie Witter for writing such a heart felt book!


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3




AMAZON UK:  Amazon UK, Stephanie Witter - PATCH UP...1-CLICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment